Category : Naya
The Network of Adolescent and Youth of Africa (NAYA) is a youth led advocacy network founded in 2001.
NAYA aims at enhancing the capacity of youth leaders to advocate for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRH&R) advocacy by enlisting the support of policy makers, opinion leaders, development partners, the media and like-minded organizations and individuals. NAYA also advocates for reforms and implementation of national policies and legislation to improve the quality and availability of Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (AS&RH&R) information and services.
NAYA has an opening for youth advocates to facilitate a 6-day training that will take place from 28-3 September 2015 in Kenya.
This is a follow up of the recommendations made by the youth advocates during the constitutional review process.
It is on this background that we are inviting young people aged 18-26 who have experience in training on sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRH&R) with bias on County Budget Making Process (Budget advocacy), SRHR Policy environment in Kenya, Constitution and health, Advocacy messages in the Kenyan context, Public participation in the Kenyan constitution and Communication advocacy and awareness raising (Making use of radio and other media).
The deadline for application is 3rd of September 2015, 17.00 hours
- Be 18-26 years.
- Must be versed with the current sexual and reproductive health and rights policy environment of young people in Kenya and Africa.
- Have been or in a Tertiary institution
- Must be a current member of NAYA
- Must be regularly participating in NAYA activities
- Has been a Trainer of Trainer for at least over a year in a credible youth serving organization
- Must be conversant with the devolved structure of Health Care in Kenya/Constitution and health
- Must be conversant with budget making process in any of the counties/conducting a budget analysis
- Must be conversant with public participation in Kenyan constitution
- Must be conversant with Advocacy messages in the Kenyan context
- Attach a copy of the most current curriculum vitae (CV) and a cover letter indicating why you are the most suited advocate to be considered for the training
Your professional context and experience
|1. How versed are you with the SRHR policy environment in Kenya and your county? Explain
|2. How many trainings have you conducted on SRHR as a facilitator?
|3. Have you been trained or facilitated a training on National or County budget making process in Kenya? Yes or No
|If yes, who conducted the training or what content did you cover in the training?
|4. What is your understanding of public participation in policy making process in Kenya? Explain
|5. Have you been involved in oral or written policy communication/presentation to a policy maker? Explain
|6. What is your understanding of the devolved system of health according to the Kenya constitution? Explain
|7. What is your understanding of the budget making process in Kenya? Explain
|8. What is your understanding of media advocacy, Explain
Mode of Application
We therefore request you to take your time and fill the form.
Only shortlisted participants will be notified
The successful candidate(s) will be notified by official email.
You will be required to join NAYA and Choice for Youth and Sexuality Trainers in developing training content.