To contribute towards an enabling environment that will foster the empowerment of adolescent and youth sexual and reproductive health and rights.
A society where the reproductive health and rights of adolescent and youths are recognized, provided for and respected.
To advocate for the implementation of policies and legislation on adolescent and youth sexual reproductive health through dissemination of information, championing and promoting their rights at national and community level.
As a network, we commit ourselves to the following core values and principles in all we do
- Creativity and innovation
- Participation and teamwork
- Transparency and honesty
- Devotion and dedication
- Spirit of volunteerism
- Concern for humanity
- Create/improve the enabling environment for development and implementation of Adolescents and youth ASRH policies and programs.
- Build/strengthen the Advocacy capacity of NAYA and its Networks to effectively influence the policy reform and implementation.
- Increase the visibility of NAYA as a regional and National Network
- Establish Institutional structures and mechanisms for NAYA to effectively act as Regional and National Network.
- Research and document progress made in the implementation of adolescent sexual and reproductive health and rights policies and legislation
To achieve our objectives, we use a multidimensional approach that targets the different points at which adolescent health can be effectively addressed. This includes:
Advocating for action on adolescents’ needs and access to care with policy makers, parents and community leaders.
Increasing access to youth friendly services, peer education and advocacy exchange programmes, to enable adolescents make healthy and responsible decisions about their sexuality.
Creating opportunities for the empowerment of adolescents through the acquisition of vocational skills that include advocacy and lobbying and participatory education theatre (PET).
Improving the capacity of other youth-serving organisations in adolescent health programming through trainings and provision of necessary technical assistance.
Collaborating /networking with identified agencies to share resources and promote our issues.