WE ARE HIRING
Category : Naya Blog
The Network of Adolescent and Youth of Africa (NAYA) is a youth-led organisation founded by the Planned Parenthood Federation of America in October 2001 during the Second Adolescent International Conference.
NAYA seeks to recruit Programme Officer-Advocacy for a 17 months project.
The Programme Officer-Advocacy will coordinate NAYA’s programme implementation in Migori and Homabay counties and provide technical support on linking Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights advocacy to services to service seven (7) delivery partners with a bias to advocacy.
- A university degree in Social Sciences, Community Development, Project Planning and Management, Public Health or any other related field
- Experience of working with participatory community development approaches and policy engagement.
- Exceptional understanding of advocacy issues related to Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights in Migori and Homabay Counties,
- Experience working on issues related to devolution of health and budget making process,
- Experience of supervising and supporting field staff especially young people ,
- Fluency in English. Excellent written English and ability to speak clearly to various audiences,
- Excellent report and proposal writing skills. Documented capacity to write high quality funding proposals,
- Ability to work in a non-partisan manner, sensitivity to ethnic and cultural differences
- A team player: able to demonstrate a constructive, cooperative and problem-solving approach
- Experience of planning and carrying out workshops and trainings especially in advocacy
- Ability to engage effectively with all kinds of stakeholders in a respectful and professional manner,
- High degree of computer literacy,
Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Good analytical and decision making skills.
- Ability to anticipate, prioritize and manage multiple tasks with keen attention to detail and follow through and meet deadlines.
- Good computer skills in Word, Excel and PowerPoint; data management and analysis applications; and electronic literature search.
- Strong knowledge of sexual and reproductive health and rights issues, particularly advocacy for buy-in on Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights as a development issue.
- Must demonstrate good interpersonal and negotiation skills; and cultural sensitivity is imperative.
- Ability to analyze and synthesize information, and communicate clearly and persuasively verbally and in writing.
- Must possess excellent written and oral English communication skills.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 40% of time.
If you meet the requirements above and is interested, please send a cover letter, detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates and contacts of three referees, two of whom must be professional referees and one other, also include the expected salary.
All these should reach the undersigned through email address firstname.lastname@example.org by COB July 22, 2016 Your application should be referenced as follows: REF: APPLICATION FOR THE POSITION OF ADVOCACY OFFICER.
N/B: NAYA only accepts email applications
The application should be addressed to;
Country Team Leader
Network for Adolescent and Youth of Africa (NAYA Kenya)
PO. Box 51505 – 00100